Lic. Mediator, Cert. Business Mediator
Lic. Systemic Coach, Cert. Conflict & Crisis Coach
Lic. Systemic Profiler
15 years of work experience in conflict, crisis, and change management (incl. more than 4,500 h of coaching experience and 200 successfully mediated conflicts), profiling, conduct of negotiation, and communication, in the private, public, non-profit, and educational sectors in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Master of Global Public Policy (MGPP); focus: international law and relations, crisis and conflict management, institutional design, game theory (2011)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.); Int. Dipl. Law; focus: corporate law and communication, negotiation management, minor: business
administration (2002, 2008)
- Int. Dipl. Social Sciences; focus: psychology and political economics (1999)
- Cert. Systemic Profiler (2020)
- Lic. Mediator (diploma) in accordance with the ZMediatAusbV of the Federal Republic of Germany (2017)
- Lic. Systemic Coach (diploma) in accordance with the regulations of the ICF (2017)
- Cert. Conflict Manager (2016)
- Cert. Emergency and Crisis Manager (2015)
- Cert. International Business Mediator in accordance with the standards of the DIHK/AHK and IGCC (2008)
- Lic. paramedic (level 1) in accordance with the regulations of the BRK (1996)
- 1996-1997 Paramedic in rescue services in Germany
- 2005-2006 Case worker and analyst at an international NGO for indemnifying civil victims of war crimes in WW II; focus: France and the Maghreb
- 2007-2008 Legal consultant at a bi-lateral chamber of commerce in India, focus: international business mediation
- 2008-2009 Analyst at an alternative asset management firm in Switzerland; focus: client relations and negotiation management during the Subprime Crisis
- 2009-2011 Contractor analyst for several NGOs and companies in the Levante; focus: crisis management during the Arab Spring
- 2011-2014 Analyst and consultant at a conservative asset management firm in Germany; focus: client acquisition and negotiation management
- 2014-2015 Interim general manager of a federal medical lobby organisation in Germany; focus: crisis and change management
- since 2016 Self-employed commercial lawyer, strategy consultant, business mediator, and coach; focus: international conflict and crisis management
I AM …
… a bit of a misfit. This helps me explore outside the box. Hence, I believe that success is rooted in the freedom to discover it. This also makes me somewhat of a nerd. Learning is bliss. Thus I trust that the problem is never that it can’t be solved. The challenge is to identify the crucial singular factor or pattern, and to adapt accordingly. This is the fundamental principle of growth (which can also mean letting go), itself embedded in the universe’s fundamental principle of change. If fear crosses that path: Don’t panic (Douglas Adams). Meditate (Buddha).
In contrast to many competitors I regard consulting, mediation, and coaching not as professions by their own right, but rather as methods by which I apply my core academic and professional expertise in order to help you reach your goal.
- Consulting: A process in which clients entrusts me with devising my solution for their challenges.
- Coaching: A process in which I assist clients in actively devising their own solutions for their challenges.
- Mediation: A process in which I guide clients to towards resolving their conflict by actively devising their own solutions for their challenges.
A WORD OF WARNING…
In many countries anyone can call himself or herself a consultant, coach, or mediator without meeting even minimal standards of respective qualifying training, quality assurance, and accountability. Entrust someone with your wellbeing, prosperity, and entire future only if the expertise is serious and reputable, and the academic roots are in a field related to your challenge’s subject matter and technical contents. A scalpel does not make a surgeon. Yet, a good surgeon knows how to use a good scalpel. Know the difference.
Informed decision-making comes from a long tradition of guessing and then blaming others for inadequate results.
I observe an uncompromising quality policy in order to provide you with the highest standard of professional service and ethical conduct. For this purpose, I subject myself to following measures and codes:
- Strict observation of the ICC Mediation Rules and the IACS Coaching Rules
- Strict distinction between consulting, coaching, and mediation
- Client feedback and performance evaluation
- Regular expert supervision and constant critical self-assessment
- Continued methodological training and academic education
- Professional liability insurance for mediation, coaching, and consulting
- Strict assessment of possible conflict of interest prior to any mandate
CONTACT me for your questions or to schedule an appointment.